If I had to pick my favourite piece of makeup it has to be a bright red lipstick!
I love how a swipe of red lipstick can make you look instantly more put together but it is important to follow a few little tricks for keeping your skin looking flawless and your lips hydrated.
I've teamed up with Clarins to create this bold lip look using their mineral and plant extract enriched products from their Mix + Match Makeup line.
Here is how I've achieved this look:
Contoured Complexion (Time: 5 Mins)
- Firstly, I start off with priming my skin with the Instant Smooth Perfection Touch primer (it acts like a Facetune filter on your skin, blurring out fine lines and spot marks).
- Then I apply my Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation by warming it between my palms and smoothing over the face (I'm using shade 105 and I prefer using my finger tips for applying the foundation).
- After that I put the Instant Concealer over my foundation to hide dark circles under my eyes and on any blemishes.
- Next up I contour and sculpt my face using the Bronzing Duo, dusting in a number 3 motion (butterfly wings) from the outer corners of the forehead along the cheekbones and down to the jawline.
- After that I sweep the Blush Prodige in Sweet Rose upwards towards the highest point of my cheekbone to add a pop of colour.
Defined Eye (4 Mins)
- Next up I use my 4-Colour Eye Quartet Palette in Rosewood and sweep the lightest shade over my lids.
- After that I define the top lash line with the Crayon Khol pencil in Carbon Black, creating a winged out effect on the corners of my eye.
- Volumize my lashes with the NEW Supra Volume Mascara.
- Then I use my Perfect Eyes and Brows Palette, to define and thicken my brows. Firstly, I apply some brow wax to tame those loose hair. After that I take the powder and run it through my brows natural shape to fill in and brush through with the wand.
Bold Lips (1 Min)
- Next up I prime my lips with the Instant Light Lip Perfecting Base.
- Last but certainly not least I colour in my lips with the Joli Rouge Lipstick in 742 to create bold and beautiful lips.